Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Crying On A Suitcase

Boy don’t wait, don’t think, don’t lock the door behind you
Run and jump into your truck, hit the gas, burn some rubber up
Yeah your time’s running out
Do it now

There are many times when I've wanted to pack up and leave. There were times when I wanted to pick up my phone and call the one person I know who would take me away from my problems. The thing is, I know I can't run away from my problems because my problems will still be there when I get back. So there's no point in running away from something. However there is a point to running to something.

Take a shortcut, take a back road, take the shoulder to the exit
Skip the parking, screw the ticket, hit the curb and leave it sitting
Whatever it takes
You gotta get to that gate

I use to think my best friend was the one who would always go after me if I walked away. Turns out I was wrong. I walked away and he never tried to come after me. So right now I do feel like I running away but I don't know where to go. I've stopped myself from making that phone call because I don't even know what to say. My mind is still scrambled with thoughts that are telling me to stop thinking that things should go the way I want them to when not everything can. I know I don't make much sense right now and I haven't made much sense in awhile.

She’s cryin’ on a suitcase
Sittin’ at the airport
Waitin’ on an airplane
Bound to take her out of here
Ooh
They’re gonna call her number
She’ll sit down by the window
The plane’ll leave the runway
And fade into a goodbye sky
You better run while you still got time
She’s cryin’ on a suitcase

All I want is for someone to chase after me and it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. It looks like this time I have to save myself. I know there's nothing wrong with that but like most girls I want someone to save me, hold my hand, and tell me that they'll be there even if I do want to run away from my problems. I just want someone willing to run with me just so I don't feel alone. 

Lyrics by Casey James; Crying On A Suitcase
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment