Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Even If It Breaks Your Heart

Way back on the radio dial
A fire got lit inside a bright eyed child
Every note just wrapped around his soul
From Steel guitars to Memphis all the way to Rock n' Roll

Have you ever had that moment in your life when you realized you knew exactly what you were born to do? Or maybe that moment hasn't happened yet. Because I don't even know if I had that moment where I realized I wanted to own a business. I think my path has always changed as I was growing up but now I have one, okay, two goals in mind. Start a business and start a family. For me it doesn't matter the order as long as those goals are reached.

Ohh ohh I can hear them playing
I can hear the ringing of a beat up old guitar
Ohh ohh I can hear them singing
Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart

It will take time and there will be struggles along the way but if I set my path straight to the finish line then I'll make it. I will have to remember that there will be obstacles and challenges that I will face but with the support of my family and friends, I know I won't be facing those challenges alone. It's just that lately, it doesn't seem realistic to my family. They seem to think it's just a dream but it's a dream I've been striving towards for a few years now. It's time I prove to people that I'm serious about starting this business. It's time to prove to myself that I have what it takes to reach my goals and follow my dreams.

Downtown is where I used to wander
Old enough to get there, but too young to get inside.
So I would stand out on the sidewalk
Listen to the music playing every Friday night

Lyrics by Eli Young Band; Even If It Breaks Your Heart 
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment