Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday Beauty: Three Homemade Masks

I've been MIA for a couple weeks now; basically I haven't posted since before Valentine's Day. No romantic story for you this year. I had to work. But before heading to work I bumped in to an old friend from high school and she is just as beautiful as she was then. She was always beautiful and I was always a little jealous but I loved her nonetheless. In fact, she was one of my best friends who actually helped me become the confident person I am today.
Well that was a little update from the past couple weeks. To make up for my lack of blog posts, I have found three homemade masks that you make from products in your kitchen.

1. Go Bananas 
Mash one banana with a teaspoon of honey and a couple drops of lemon juice. Apply evenly onto your face and leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing off with cool water.
Side note: You can use the banana peel to whiten your teeth. 

2. Just Yolking
Mix together one egg yolk, a teaspoon of honey and olive oil; apply to your face and leave on for as long as possible. If you don't want to waste the egg white then you can also apply it to your face alone before or after the yolk mask.

3. Brown Sugar, We're Going Down
Brown sugar is great way to exfoliate but if you add some milk with it you can create a yummy face mask. Try not to it eat it, I dare you. Just combine 1/4 cup of brown sugar with 1 1/2 tablespoon of whole or 2% milk. Apply to your face evenly, leaving it on for ten minutes. Rinse it off with cool water.

Don't you like my little titles for the masks? If you try any of these masks please let me know. Or if you have a homemade mask that you use, let me know as well. I'm always looking for a homemade mask to try during my little spa days at home.
Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment