Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Advice: Choosing the Right Guy; Long Distance; What To Say

This morning I woke up with a notice from YouTube that my favorite YouTuber, Justin James Hughes posted a new video. If you haven't seen any of his videos then you should be sad about your life because he brings my life so much happiness and laughter. I seriously smile when I see he has new videos. I am a Fan Girl for Justin James Hughes; I get so happy when he replies to me on Twitter. I will put his Self Confidence video after all my advice is given. Also I would just like to apologize to anyone who actually reads my blog post for not posting in such a long time. I just feel like I'm not in a good place in my life right now so I have been exploring my mind. I have a bunch of notebooks in my room to write down all my thoughts that just need to get out of my head. I will write more about it on Monday though. Onto my advice. Also, Happy New Year!

Anonymous Asked:
I really liked this guy at the beginning but we went to lunch and then he talked all the time he wouldn't let me talk and it drives me crazy, also he talks with his mouth food. When I'm around him I'm not myself what so ever and it drives me crazy. If you asked him what my dislikes and likes are he wouldn't be able to tell you. Also he never texts, calls, or messages me on Facebook. He doesn't walk me to class. Also I have to pay for a dance ticket and I paid for most of the lunches we have had together.

Dear Anonymous,
It doesn't seem like you believe that you made the right choice by going out with him. Sure, every guy has their flaw or there's something about them we find unattractive or annoying. But with the right guy, we can look pass their flaws and accept them. It seems to me, by the way you wrote this, there's a certain tone to it that has a feeling of annoyance. Like I can tell by reading it that this guy's actions are annoying you. You seem to already know that this guy isn't the right guy to go out with. 


Linstation81 Asked:
This may sound dumb as I'm asking about my own boyfriend, but the thing is that we are long distance dating. We've known each other for 4 years (met online and haven't met in person yet) and we dated once before for 6 months but ended it. This is our second time trying things out.
So we've been dating 3 weeks and things were great. We talked almost everyday and then one night he asked to Skype. We just typed with no video but he stopped replying. I assumed he fell asleep and decided to wait for him to contact me in the morning or something. Never did. He didn't text me at all for an entire week. So this past Saturday I texted him saying hello and he immediately said" sorry for not messaging you I'm just super busy with work." I said its okay and implied to carry on with things. He stopped replying again! So it's now Friday- and is yet another 6 days without any contact with him. I'm on the verge to give up.
I feel that it is important to talk a bit more than we do, especially being in long distance and that no matter how busy he is, there could be 5 minutes for me at least. I'm thinking of breaking up with him. I get bad feelings about this but I need some second opinions. I SnapChat him too, but he opens and no reply. Although it looks like he's got points for SnapChatting other friends. Please help!


Dear Linstation81,
In a long distance relationship, I would try to call if I want to approach him in something serious. Especially if I don't see him at all. A phone call can be nerve wracking but if you can't see him in person, a phone call is the best way to go or a video chat. Talk to him over the phone or over Skype and hash things out. My brother has been in a long distance relationship with this girl for over a year and a half, and the make it work by communicating in the best possible ways, phone calls and video chats. If you both want this to work out then you have to be on the same page of the relationship. Figure out why he hasn't really been talking to you and see if there's a way to compromise on how much you talk to each other before giving up on the relationship. 

JDHippieChick Asked:
When I text this guy I really like we always run out of things to talk about, our conversations get really boring and I need some help getting the conversation started up again but I don't want to sound desperate. What should I do?

Dear JDHippieChick,
Don't force the conversation. Let it flow with topics you two can both talk about. Talk about things going on in each others' lives. When I text the guy I like, we talk about things going on in our lives because we don't see each other a lot. But we talk every night without missing a beat. And if for some reason the conversation is slow, he would or I would change the topic to something else. Think about things that have recently gone on around the world or in your city or state. Talk about news or school news or anything where you give your opinion and listen to his opinion. Talking to him about his thoughts on certain subjects is also a great way to get to know him better. 


Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment