Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday: Teammate Problems; Weight Loss Motivation; Manage Shopping Money

It's Friday! I made it a whole week with blogging Monday thru Friday! I just finished watching Dolphin Tale for the second time and it's a beautiful story. I was trying really hard not to cry. Now before I forget I just want to wish everyone a Happy Lunar New Year! It's the year of the Horse! I am a horse born in 1990 so I'm looking forward to this Chinese New Year. Anyway, onto the advice.

Anonymous Asked:
Everyday during volleyball we have to get partners and do our exercises and warmups. It's day three so we just started. The problem is there are so many groups of best friends and I have no friends on the team. Half of the team is made up of a group of snotty popular girls who I can't stand, they are usually pretty rude to me and I don't know why. The rest of the girls I don't know. I tried to be friends with the nice ones but they seem to shut out anyone who isn't part of their group, that's how they all are. When we are told to partner up I try but there's no chance for me because the best friends automatically pick each other and I'm always left alone to be partnered with a helper because we have an odd team. I try asking to be partners but they always ignore me and I don't know why.
I told my mom and she told me to try and talk to them, but they usually talk about other people I don't know. I tried everything that people have told me and I always try to be kind to them and smile. I don't know what else I can do. I can't quit because two already did and if anyone else does we can't have a team. I really like the playing part but I feel so lonely. I don't know what else to try, help?


Dear Anonymous,
Maybe you could try inviting the team for a get together at your house or some place. Talk to the coach and figure out how the whole team can bond together, get to know each other outside of their own groups and maybe you'll be able to talk to the other girls and have them get to know you as well. I remember growing up, I was never really on any sports teams but my cousin was, and she always had sleepovers with her teammates. It was a way for them to bond and to also get to know each other.

IGotALoveLikeWoe Asked: 
How do I stay motivated?
All of my friends have extremely fast metabolisms and can eat an unlimited amount of pizza and not gain a thing. Their eating habits influence mine and they distract me from my goal until I go home feeling bloated. Lately I've gained too much weight to fit into my jeans. How do I stay motivated in developing better eating habits and regularly going to the gym? 

Dear IGotALoveLikeWoe,
Give yourself a reason to lose the weight, to eat healthy and to exercise regularly. If you give yourself a reason, a goal of sorts, then it'll keep you motivated. But make sure they are realistic goals. Maybe give yourself a weekly goal and treat yourself.
Don't compare your habits to those of your friends or else you'll lose track of your goal so have the will power to stop eating after you're done. When it comes to eating, make sure you drink a glass of water before every meal. Also drink water as soon as you wake up because that can help you with your metabolism throughout the day.
As for going to the gym, it will probably help if you have a buddy to go with. That way you are each others' motivation to go and you can push each other to keep doing those sets and reps. If you can't find a buddy then schedule what days will work for you throughout your week.
Just remember that you are your own motivation. It's you who wants to see the change and to feel good about yourself when you get those results. Change your habits for a healthy you.

Michelleyyyx3 Asked:
How do I manage my shopping money wisely?
I always feel like I have nothing to wear, and constantly ask my parents for money, please help!

Dear Michelleyyyx3,
When it comes to shopping for clothes you want to invest in items that you are going to use regularly like jeans and blouses. It's important to buy items that you can wear more than once and in different ways that go with your style. Don't worry about brands or designers because those aren't even going to matter, no matter what other people tell you. What will matter is how you put yourself together. I work at Macy's and I find that some of even their basic items can be on the pricey side, so I get my clothes at places like TJ Maxx or Target. I will buy from places like Macy's or Nordstroms if I find something that I know I will wear and I know that it's worth it's cost. Also look for sales or clearance items when shopping for clothes. And I know this may not sound appealing but going to a thrift shop can also help you find clothes. I just donated dresses, that I have rarely or never worn, to a thrift store and I'm sure that someone out there is going to be grateful for my donations.
Also use what you have in your closet. I like to go through my closet and see what can go with what or what items I can mix with another clothing item. "Playing dress up begins at age five but never truly ends." ~Kate Spade

Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment