Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday Beauty: January Makeup Favorites

The year has just started and so much has already happened. In the beginning of the month  I had been so busy with work and it was not fun at all. If you can avoid working retail I suggest doing so because it's no picnic. I love cliche expressions. Anyway, I don't really wear makeup daily but on the days that I did there were some products that I used all the time.
Benefit Fake Up Concealer
I am a huge Benefit Cosmetic fan, I've been using their products since I was 16. I would go to Macy's and stop at the Benefit counter to get my makeup done for school dances and they did an amazing job. There was one girl who always did my makeup for a couple years. She was then relocated to a different Macy's after I graduated of course. She was so sweet and always knew how I wanted to look. Anyway, for awhile I didn't buy makeup from Benefit because it was too expensive since I had to start paying for my own makeup. Growing up problems; I have to pay for myself.

I went to the Benefit counter back in December while I was doing some Christmas shopping with my mom. The lovely ladies showed me this concealer called Fake Up and it is amazing. It's very hydrating and gives a good coverage and blends really well. It has the concealer and also has a hydrating formula and it doesn't crease or cake. I just put it under my eyes and around my nose to cover any redness and I'm good to go for the day. 
The next product I am loving from Benefit is the Gimme Brow. Since my brows can be a little crazy I love this brow gel. It allows me fill in my brows really quickly and keeps them in place. It's basically the best for lazy makeup girls like myself. I don't like wearing makeup just because it takes time to put it on and this actually makes my makeup routine go faster. Sometimes the Gimme Brow will be the only makeup product I will wear on my face.
Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss
The last product from Benefit is actually one of their box powder blushes and the one that I just love right now is called Rockateur. It's a rose gold color that is just beautiful and not to overpowering. I've used a couple other Benefit blushes before and I loved them and this new one is no exception. It is lovely and if you like the rose gold tone then I recommend this blush.
My final makeup favorite isn't from Benefit. It is from Smashbox. For Christmas, I got a Smashbox lip gloss gift set and the colors are just beautiful. My favorite from the gift set is Radiant. It's a shimmery pink plum color and I keep in my purse. Lately though, I have been using Tease, which is a raspberry color. It's beautiful for when I want berry red lips. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. I'm so happy I got the gift set because I had been looking for lip gloss. It is on the sticky side but its not too sticky.
Those are my favorite makeup products for the month of January. In my head I was thinking June but luckily I wrote out January. I hope you try out these products if they seem appealing to you. This is my own opinion on these products. I bought all of them except for Smashbox which was a present from my sister. That is my disclaimer.  Let the makeup enhance your beauty not cover your beauty.
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment