Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Thoughts: A Single Soul Dwelling In Two Bodies

"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies." ~Aristotle

Last night my best friend texted me asking why he is my best friend because for the past month he hasn't been around a lot. He openly admitted that he is a shitty best friend. I agreed with him but I also assured him that he's my best friend for a reason. That reason being he's the only one I feel comfortable telling things to without stopping myself. I open up to him and it's hard for me not to tell him how I feel when he asks. Or even when he doesn't ask, I tell him because he wants me to and he likes that I am comfortable enough to tell him.

My best friend, is a guy who makes me feel my best when he's around or when I'm talking to him on the phone. I don't feel like I have to be someone else. I can talk and talk with him or sit with him in silence and feel like it is the best place to be. That's why he's my best friend. So many guys are in my life and there's this one that makes me feel at peace when I talk to him. When I see him, I always feel like there is weight being lift off my shoulders because I know that whatever I face, I don't have to face it alone.  That is what gets me through the days. I don't have to face anything alone as long as I know I have my best friend.
I think that a best friend makes the journey of life beautifuler.
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment