Monday, November 19, 2012

Just One Conversation

Have you ever had a conversation with someone and it just changed your whole relationship or friendship with that person?
I remember the conversation pretty well. Austin called to tell me that he had feelings for me and I didn't return the feelings. Yes, I liked him and had feelings for him when we first met but as time went on those feelings went away. He never did anything about his feelings till after high school, right before we went to college. During high school, I started to think of him more as a brother because of the way he was always looking out for me. So that is what he is to me. I put him in the friend-zone and for good reason. I didn't want to lose him as a friend. I never wanted to risk losing what we had.
But apparently, he felt differently and he told me how he felt. He was willing to risk it and to change our friendship for good or bad. It currently seems bad though. It has been bad since he told me but I've tried to make it work. I've tried to get things back to the way they were before but I don't think he wants that. I don't think he'll ever want that because he wanted more. As respectful as he was by saying he understands that I don't feel the same way, I don't think we could ever go back to the way our friendship was.
I honestly think that one conversation changed our friendship. A friendship that was once beautiful turned ugly in just one conversation.

Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment