Thursday, July 28, 2011

Part of My Life: Imagining What If

Today, I was on my facebook and I noticed that two of my old friends were talking. One was my crush when I moved in the third grade and the other was my first real girl friend, and just so you know I have more than my fair share of guy friends. Anyway, seeing them chat or comment or whatever you want to call it on facebook made me wonder what my life would have been if I remained close to them when we got into Junior High and High School.

Thoughts creep to my mind; would I have dated him, would I have different close friends, would I be blogging and giving advice, would I still be as happy as I am today; would I be happier?
When I look back on my grade school life, I honestly can say that those two were the two people I should have kept around me. He has always made me want to go on adventures and his life today probably would have been different if I didn't listen to the rumors that he hated me and accused him of not being my friend. If I would have stuck with him, he would have still been my knight in shining armor. If I was still close friends with her, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been the band geek I am today; listening to jazz and loving Bach and Holst. I'm sure I'd have more girl friends than guy friends and I'd be asking for advice rather then giving it.
But I love being able to help people and I love being who I am and I love the friends I have.
Sometimes though, it's nice to imagine. Think about the past and what you could have done differently and compare it to the person you are today. Who would be if you still kept the same friends from elementary school and junior high school? Who would you be if you didn't have those friends?
I wish I didn't have to ask what if. I wish I could just know but I can't, I can only imagine.

Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment