Monday, January 14, 2013

Begin Again

Took a deep breath in the mirror
He didn’t like it when I wore high heels, but I do
Turned the lock and put my headphones on
He always said he didn’t get this song but I do, I do 

Kenny is  back home for good and I am so happy. I have butterflies and I'm all smiles because he's home and I have my friend back. I was really emotional when I heard from him, I actually cried. Then when he came over, it was the happiest I had been in a long time. He's a big part of my life, and I wouldn't want him out of it. There's this quote that says "Someday someone will walk into your life and  make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else," and I think being away from him for three years made me realize that there's no one else I can have crazy adventures with.

Walked in expecting you'd be late
But you got here early and you stand and wave
I walk to you
You pull my chair and help in
And you don't know how nice that is
But I do

I can think of all the places I want to go and when I see myself there, there is only one person I see myself there with and it's Kenny. That honestly scares me because I've tried to picture my life with other guys, doing the things I want to do and having the future I want but none of them seem to fit the way he does. I want to rent a log cabin every December for the holidays and I see myself cozy next to a fireplace with a nice a cup of cocoa. And who do I see next to me? I see him. I want to take a weekend trip to the beach and stop by my favorite place to get ice cream. I see him driving with me there. With Kenny, I see things in a different light and I am able to tell him things that I keep from other people. I'm a whole new confident when I'm with him. Now that he's back in my life, I'm watching things unfold and it makes my eyes light up and a smile come to my face. 

And you throw your head back laughing 
Like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny
Cause he never did
I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all love ever does is
Break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watch it begin again


I know I have a lot of guys in my life and I maybe wrong about Kenny and how I can only see him in my future. Our lives may not be in sync right now and we may just be friends but I find myself falling for him again and he makes me happy even as my friend. What a lot of people don't know is that we do click. He loves driving around without a destination in mind and I finally found someone who actually does want to do that. I don't know what's going to happen or if anything will happen but I can't wait to find out.

Lyrics by Taylor Swift; Begin Again

Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment