Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Thoughts: Anniversary ♥

Today is my parent's 23rd wedding anniversary! Love it! But it didn't seem like it was a special day so I'm planning to do something special for them soon. I've thinking about their anniversary for a couple days now. I'm really lucky that my parents are still together after all this time and that I have watched this love unfold over the years. I've watched them fight and makeup so I have this faith in relationships that probably not a lot of people have.
When I graduated from high school, I remember this time when my friend's mom was looking through her old high school yearbook. She spent five minutes looking for herself until she realized she was looking for herself in the wrong section, she was looking at her last name instead of her maiden name and we had a good laugh at that. It wasn't until recently that I thought of that memory and it made me want that. I want to be married to someone for so long that sometimes I forget I had another last name.
 Actually, I've been thinking about marriage for quite sometime now. I keep wondering if I will ever settle down and if I do settle down, will it be before or after I open up my own business? I think I'm tired of wondering about and want to know if it will even happen. I know it will happen and I know it won't happen anytime soon but I want to be certain. Of course I don't want to get married just to be married. I want to find someone I'll be happy with for the rest of my life and not feel like I'm settling. That's not what I want. I want a beautiful love like Cory and Topanga, Chuck and Blair, Max and Liz or even Rory and Logan. Those relationships had a love that I'm kind of jealous of. Chuck Bass, on Gossip Girl, said "If two people are meant to be together, eventually they'll find their way back." Blair and Chuck went their separate ways but in the end they finally got that happily ever after and I thought it was beautiful.
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment