Monday, June 4, 2012

Who Are You?

We all have our group of friends and we all play our part in the group. Who are you in your group of friends? Are you the leader, are you the follower or are you the one who is just there because you want to be part of the group of friends? I know there are more "labels" for people in a group but those seem to be the main ones.
I personally have been each of them. The leader, the follower and that person who just wants to be part of the group. I think the hardest one to be is the latter one. I feel so lost with their inside jokes and so I'm silent most of the time. I mean in a new group of people that want me around but I'm unsure on who I am in the group because everyone has their own part to play so to speak.
I am so use to being the leader of a group. I plan all the events, keep everyone together and do my best to help everyone with their problems. The thing is, my new friends don't know that's what I do. They have yet to know that I'm good at giving advice and listening to their problems. Right now though, I'm just enjoying hanging out with new people and learning that I do have something in common with people I never thought I did.
Just the other day we randomly started singing Disney songs like Whole New World and Under The Sea. That's when I knew I was in good company but that was also when they realized I was meant to hang out with them because I knew the lyrics that they forgot in some Disney song. :-)
We all play our part in our group of friends but the most important part we have to play is ourselves and if we're not being ourselves with a group of people then these aren't the people we should be hanging out with regularly.  Just remember that if people can't accept you for you then they're not worth your time.
Be Beautiful For You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment