Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday: Summer Plans; Date a Younger Guy; Good Youtubers?

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a good week and enjoy the weekend! Here are some of my quick thoughts on dealing with somethings and some of my suggestions.

Anonymous Asked:
What should I do about this summer?
My dream job is to be a journalist. At school i was taking a journalism 1 class. When school starts again in the fall I'm going to actually be on the newspaper staff. I am going to be an online columnist. A lot of people want to be columnists but not everyone can be a columnist. I think the journalism teacher really likes me. He keeps telling me how good my writing is. I am looking forward to having him as a teacher again next year.
There are summer workshops for people on newspaper staff next year. The workshops are at a college and we stay there for I think five days and four nights. The workshops are required for the students who are going to be editors but they're optional for other staff members. The workshops are recommended for several positions on staff. The summer workshop is a great opportunity. It's a chance to work with the other student journalists and to learn more about journalism. There are even opportunities to apply for scholarships.
Both of my parents have looked at the paper about the workshop and agree it would be good for me. The problem: the workshop dates are the same time as one of the two weeks Dad has planned for a vacation to Paris.
Dad, my sister, our aunt, our cousin, and I are going to Paris. From the time we first started planning the Paris trip the two weeks were the only time my aunt could get off work for a vacation. I never thought there was any chance of ever going on vacation to Paris. I have ALWAYS dreamed of going to Paris. Now everything is pretty much worked out. We just need to buy the plane tickets then everything is set in stone.
I won't get another chance at the summer workshop. I'm going to be a senior in August. Next summer I won't be in high school anymore.
Should I give up my dream vacation for an opportunity that could help me toward my dream job or give up the opportunity for my dream vacation? Or should I try to work out going to the workshop then meet up with everyone in Paris the second week?


Dear Anonymous,
They are both amazing opportunities. But remember as a journalist, you never know where your job might take you so you could possibly end up in Paris one day. It all depends on what you want to do now. 
 
CristyCrunkCakes Asked:
Would you ever date a younger guy?

Dear CristyCrunkCakes
It kind of depends on how much younger and his maturity level. I tried to date a guy younger than me but he still had a lot of growing up to do and I need a man not a little boy.


LucyCat812 Asked:
Who is your favorite youtuber?
I'm trying to find some good youtubers to watch, so if you have any suggestions that would be fabulous! :D

Dear LucyCat812,
I love the whole YTF Crew and their friends
I'm sure you've heard of them but if not YTF consist of nigahiga, kevjumba, chestersee, d-trix (theDOMINICshow), victorvictorkim, jraquinomusic, and andrewgarcia
And others that YTF features in their videos are WongFuProductions, JustinJamesHughes,David ChoiMusic, KinaGrannis, LanaMcKissack and AndyLangeMusic
Chester and Justin are my favorites though. 

Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment