Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Questionable Friendship

What to do when someone hangs on to something that happened years ago?
Austin and I have been friends since our freshman year in high school and soon it will be our Friendaversary. When we first became friends, I liked him and we would write notes to each other because this was way before texting became unlimited and all that other stuff. We were old school and got to know a person over notes and not text. We were able to give them to each other face to face and all that. Our notes were really in depth and we started to like each other but he never did anything about it and being brought up the way I was, guys are "suppose" to make the move first. I'm an old fashion girl to be honest.
Anyway, as I was saying, the notes were pretty personal and I wrote things in there that I probably shouldn't have written because I feel like he is hanging on to the girl he met and got to know through those notes. I've changed, I'm not that naive 15 year old he met years ago. I know that there's a part of me that will stay the same but I've done a lot of growing up yet I don't feel like I'm the same girl I was when I wrote what I wrote him. How I didn't want to lose him as a friend or from my life so he's been there for me since then.
I guess I feel like he feels like he has to stick around as my best friend, that we are best friends even though I don't feel like we are best friends. I know that may be harsh to say even though for years I was able to count on him to be there through the drama, the crushes and boyfriends.
I honestly don't know what I'm saying here but it's something I feel like I need to get out. The sad thing is when I see my future I don't always see him in it but it seems that he sees me in his. Sometimes life ain't always beautiful and things get ugly and confusing.
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment