Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Time of The Month

We all dread that time of the month; you know the time when Aunt Flo comes to visit and it's a dreadful occasion. Yes, that is what I am talking about. The cramps, the bloating, the uncomfortable pads and/or tampons and just the feeling of it all together isn't the best feeling in the world. In fact, I'll stay in bed most of the day and just watch reruns of Merlin or Roswell. Haha I do that when I'm home anyway.
There are plenty of ways to deal with this time and I find that during my time, I crave chocolate more than ever and I have chocolate like everyday even when I'm not on my period. I also tend to be even more lazier than I already am. And with the ovarian cyst I have my cramps are horrible although being on the pill lessens the pain.

The big question is, how do I make the pain go away? Well there are a number of ways that I have tried but nothing compares to what has always worked for me. You see, I tried eating a banana and that helped a little. I've also tried eating a peppermint patty because peppermint is said to help with cramps and give me a chocolate fix. Tylenol or Advil can be helpful but nothing works better than a heating pad.
You can buy a heating pad or you can make yourself a heating pad.
DIY Heating Pad:
1 Pair of Socks
1 1/2 Cup of Rice
  1. Pour rice into one of the socks.
  2. Tie a knot at the top of the sock.
  3. Put the sock with the rice in the other sock, knot side first.
  4. Tie end of outside sock.
Then you can heat it up in the microwave for no longer than two minutes on high. Be careful because it will be hot when you take it out, I recommend letting it cool for a minute.
Don't let your cramps bring you down!
Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment