Monday, July 30, 2012

Boy Friend

I've had this problem for as long as I can remember and I honestly hate having this as an issue. I can't have a close boy friend who isn't attracted me. It's just not possible. A lot of people ask, is it possible for boys and girls to be just friends without that feeling that one of them may like the other, be attracted to the other. I always thought it was possible but as I get older and hang out with new guys and old guy friends I realize it's not possible.
I thought I could hang out with a friend from high school as friends with no intention of anything more but apparently my friendliness can be misread as flirting. Although I make it perfectly clear when I'm into someone. All I want is a boy friend without feeling that he will me or I will like him. Most of the time it's them liking me and I already put them in the friend-zone. I make it perfectly clear that they are in the friend-zone and I know it's a hard place to be but I'd rather have most of these guys as friends for a long time then to date them and end up hating them down the road.

Sometimes I just don't think they get it and I just want to scream at them and tell them but I don't, instead I ignore them. When they text me, when they message me and even when they call; I don't want to talk to them. And it sucks because they help me the most.
I'm pretty sure the only real guy friend I have is Paul. I have no fear of Paul ever becoming attracted me. I mean I was attracted to him for a brief moment in the seventh grade and there is my little story of us being married for thirty years because we argue like an old married couple. But that's just me with Paul. We put each other in the friend-zone. I can go for a long time without seeing or talking to Paul but the moment we're together it's like not much time has passed since the last time. I love that. I love knowing I have a guy like Paul who comes in and stays there even if he doesn't realize how much he means to me. Even though I'm sure a part of him knows how much he does mean to me.
All I want is a boy friend. Right now, I have Paul.
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment