Monday, October 3, 2011

Part of My Life: My Mom

In all honesty, my mom is truly my best friend and I can sincerely say that I don't know what I would do without her. My mom has taught me a lot in my 21 years and I love her for it. She helped me be confident in myself, figure out that guys aren't everything and that no matter how old I get, I'll always want my mom to take care of me when I can't take care of myself.

My mom was born and raised in the Philippines and she came here to the states months after she married my dad. She went from working a convenient store to working for medical billing at a hospital. My mom doesn't have a lot of her own family here in the states so these past 22 years have probably tough on her. I can't even imagine being in a new country alone with just my husband and a baby on the way. Thankfully, my dad has a wonderful family that welcomed her with open arms. Family is very important; they maybe annoying and seem to always be in our business but they do that because in a strange way they really are looking out for us.
I may argue with my mom and get really annoyed with her but I do love her and I remind her each day. If there's a woman in your life, whether it be your mom, grandma, aunt, older sister, foster mom, step mom or any other woman that has helped you through your life, don't forget to let them know you appreciate them. And don't be afraid to talk to them like you would a girl friend because it's likely they've been in your shoes when they were your age. You may not think they'll understand but they most likely will or could at least try to understand.
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment