Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Day at My Home Spa

As a girl, I love being pampered but being in college and on a budget I don't have the money to go to a spa. Instead, I create my own at home spa with the things I have around the house. It's pretty easy; I can make a homemade facial mask and hair mask, do my nails, and take a relaxing bubble bath all in the comfort of my own home. :) Let's get started shall we?
Wow I look Flattering

Face Mask:
~Half a Banana
~1/2 tsp of Honey
Mash together the banana and honey. Apply to face and avoid eye area. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
The mask might be lumpy but that's okay. Some of it might slip down to your lips but it taste good. :)

Hair Mask:
~Half a Banana
~1 Egg
~3TBSP Honey
~3TBSP Milk
~5TBSP Olive Oil
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Apply the mask through your hair, wrap it in a towel or shower cap. Let it set for 15-30 minutes depending on the damage of your hair; for me just 15 minutes will be fine. Rinse off with cool water and shampoo and condition like usual. It's also a little lumpy so make sure you rinse thoroughly.
Face Mask and Hair Mask

So while waiting for the time to go by I decided I can either paint my nails or take a nice hot bath. I decided to take a nice hot bath.
Now bubble baths are always nice but I decided to do something different from what I normally would do. I squirted a little bit of baby oil into my bath and relaxed in it for 15 minutes. The baby oil made my skin feeling oh so soft.
Of course though I had to shower off. I had my face mask and hair mask still on so I had to take a shower. I know bath and shower does waste water so don't have a spa day everyday just once in awhile. I have a spa day when I have a day off from school or when I take a mental day. Basically once every six months and that's good enough for me.
With my body smooth, my hair silky and my face revived. I sadly didn't have time to do my nails but that's okay there always tomorrow.
Today I was being beautiful for me.
Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment