Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Skinny Bitch! Kind of...

I use to struggle with my eating habits. In the fourth grade, I stopped eating breakfast because it made me feel sick in the morning. In the eighth grade, I started to skip lunch or when I did have lunch I had a soft pretzel. I didn't feel comfortable eating in front of other people so I ate at home after school and it was horrible because I pigged out and ate more than I should at dinner. From 7th grade to junior year in high school I maintained the same weight and height; 5'0 and 105lbs. It did not help my self esteem that my friends were stick thin and even though I looked like I was, I didn't feel like I was. I let numbers on a scale control how I felt about my body. I let the mirror trick me into thinking I was fat when I wasn't.
So how did I overcome this? How did I change my eating ways? Like most stories, I met a guy. I meet a lot of guys but this one had the biggest impact on me.
I met James when we were both camp counselors for this elementary school's 6th grade camp. I always had a secret crush on him even though I never really knew him. I saw his pictures in the yearbooks and he was/is just gorgeous. But I totally changed when I met him. He made me look at life differently. A few months later, after meeting him and getting to know him, he started dating his best friend who also happened to model part time.
She introduced me to the book "Skinny Bitch" by  Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. It helped me so much. A bunch of girls diet and think that fad diets will work. But it only works as long as you do it. However if you just change your eating habits then it will work. A lot of people became a vegetarian or vegan after reading the book, not me.
After reading the book, I slowly started eating healthy. Like I said in one of my blog posts you have to use your head. I stopped eating junk and I drank more water. The book guided me. and it helped me a lot.
If you or someone you know is struggling with weight or eating get help. No one can get their body healthy alone. Do research on whats healthy, what's not and maybe talk to a nutritionist. And remember you're not alone. A healthy body is better than a scrawny body. Take care of yourself because you only get one body.

Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment