Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday: Insecurity, Soccer Team, Abusive Relationship

It's been such a long week. I'm so happy its Friday! Just so you know the last question is really long but it could help someone.

Liabug Asked
My boyfriend is making me uncomfortable on purpose, am I overacting or is he being an asshole?
He knows I'm very uncomfortable with how I feel about my looks, and he tells me that I'm beautiful which is sweet and all, but when we watch movies, he's ALWAYS stating how beautiful these celebrities are when I look nothing close to as beautiful they are. Am I over reacting, or is he just being a jerk knowing that it hurts me?

Dear Liabug
I think you're over reacting. You may not be as beautiful as those celebrities yourself but maybe to him you are as beautiful as them and possibly even more beautiful in his eyes.
If you feel that he's being a jerk about it though, let him know that you'd appreciate it if he didn't say they were beautiful around you. 

lolpinklol Asked
How to better friends with the soccer team?
Since I am starting at a new high school i joined the girls varsity soccer team. I don't no how to be more loose or comfortable around them even though they are all so nice and funny. There are girls all the way from freshman to senior on the team and there are only about 16 of us. I just want to know some ways to try and be myself with out seeming like a freak to them. Really all I want is to feel comfortable talking and hanging out with everyone :)

Dear lolpinklol
Why don't you host a team bbq or team sleepover. My cousin always had a sleepover for her soccer team. It really brought them closer together; they even had nicknames for each other.

 4everylovestruck Asked
My big sister is in trouble.
So my sister (who is 25) has been dating this guy for 2 years and they just got engaged like 2 weeks ago. He is a really good guy and fun and really nice but you can tell that he has a bit of a temper.
So, here's where it gets interesting. The other day my other sister (who is 16) and I were driving down the road that goes through the down town when we saw Ashley (my 25 year old sister) walking down the street with sunglasses and a hoodie on. It was 85 freaking degrees!!! Then that night Ashley came over to hang out with us for a bit and it was just the three of us home. My parents were out for dinner. She wasn't wearing sunglasses this time but she was wearing the hoodie. She even complained that it was hot and when we told her to take it off she said no. PLUS she kinda walking as if she was soar. Okay here is where it gets really bad
Later that night Kelsy (my 16 year old sister) and I were really worried about Ashley so we decieded to go to her and Brian's apartment and see if anything was going on. We didn't think he was going to be home because of work. When we got there before we even knocked on the door we knew somthing was up. We heard fait yelling then a thud. We tried to just barge in and see what was going on but the door was locked. We heard another thud and then ran around the corner when we hear footsteps coming to the door. Brian stormed out and slammed to door behind him. Then we hear Ashley crying. We knocked on the door and she answered, once again wearing a hoodie. She said she was crying because her and Brian just got in a fight and there was nothing else to it. I know that is not true but I don't know how to get her to admit it. I am really worried and love her to death. It would be horrible if anything happened.

So I was up all night last night researching and I also read to tell my parents. The bad part is that they are in the upper peninsula all week. (Yes, I live in Michigan). But, a lot of you told me that if I was going to do anything, that I should do it fast. And after reading what I read last night I agreed. So, after school today Kelsy and I skyped my mom and told her everything. Both my parents are beyond worried. They were thinking about coming home but then we decided that would be bad for Ashley's sake. She might feel like we are attacking or hounding her. We also come to the conclusion that he is abusing her. My parents even said they noticed she was acting weird. So then we started talking and knew that we had to do something to get poor Ashley out of this horrible situation.
And since my parents can't come home or else we may ruin it.. Me and Kelsy are the ones who have to do it.
One of the things we read last night is that if the victim knows you are suspicious they will close off because in their mind this is all her fault. I am terrified of this happening. So I need a way to get her to kind of admit it. Because once she does we can help her and get her out of it. All I want for her is for her to be safe and not fearful.
Okay now this is how I know for sure she is being abused. Kelsy and I went over to their apartment and WE SAW HIM HITTING HER! We could see in the window we never actually went in. As soon as we saw this we drove away. Both balling out eyes out. I don't think I have ever seen anything more horrible. I don't want her to ever have to go through that again and need help. 


Dear 4everlovestruck
Next time you're over there checking things out and hear any yelling or things crashing call the cops. Tell them that you hear yelling and things crashing and they will check it out and make sure your sister is safe.
You have to do something before something serious happens like her in the hospital. She needs help even if she thinks she can take care of it.
I know getting the cops involved can be a little scary but its better than being fearful of your sister's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment