Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Making Friends?

Do you remember how simple it was in kindergarten when you just said hello to someone and they were automatically friends with you? Okay maybe not that quickly but still friendship happened pretty fast and lasted for quite sometime.

Now in middle school, high school, college, making friends isn't that simple. But why can't it be?
Why can't we just see someone, say hello and hope they become our new friend?
For a week, I've met some new people and some of them I feel comfortable with already and others not so much yet but if I just get to know them and ease my way into a friendship then I will be comfortable.
If you want to make friends then find people with common interest. Join clubs, sports or anything you to help you meet new people?
Don't be afraid to sit next to someone new during lunch. Introduce yourself and don't be shy. Also during group work don't just work with your friends, ask someone else to join the group as well.
You can make new friends if you let yourself. Don't be afraid to be outgoing and get to know new people because you never know what they can teach you. You also don't know how they'll affect your future.
Why do I say your future? Because in the 9th grade I met a guy who ended up being one of my closest friends and you know what he's doing now? He's a music producer in Orlando. Not only am I proud of him but he's always hooking me up with new music. When we were in high school, he started out as a DJ and I would always be at his gigs. He even DJ'd my 18th Birthday for free. I'm not saying to make friends for future resources, I'm just saying it's a bonus.
Make friends for the right reason.
Be Beautiful for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment