Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Part of My Life: Losing a Friend?

I've been best friends with Austin for five years. I tell him everything and lately it seems like he doesn't tell me anything. I call, he doesn't answer or call or text for days. I go on vacation and he texts once and doesn't call to see if I'm having fun. At this point I'm feeling like we're no longer friends. That I have no one tell my problems to and no one to relate or understand me. 
Austin and I our senior year

I've said a lot of crazy stuff over the years and no one has understood me the way he does or did. I can talk to him about guys because he didn't mind. I could complain to him about my crazy family because he knew about them. I told him when I liked a guy but I don't feel like I could tell him that now. If he can't tell me about what's going on in his life, why should I tell him what's going on in my life? Isn't that what best friends do? Tell their best friend what has been going on in their life even when they're not around. I mean sure they don't have to tell each other everything but they do keep in them in the loop of their life, right? 
Just a little check up is nice. Even if its once a month. I do that with Blaine.  I text him once a month on the same day just to say hello. It's scheduled on my calender. He's my best friend too and I still tell him even the littlest things. 
The best discovery best friends can make is growing separately without growing apart. That's close to the quote right? I winged it. Everything comes close. Nothing can be perfect. Something come close but nothing is. If it is then that's just crazy talk. Yall mean?
Friends rub off on you. You take a little bit of them wherever you are. It could be something only they say or a picture of them. Whatever it is you only hope that they take something of you with them. Like Chance says "Y'all mean?" short for "you know what I mean?" and my friend's aunt says "what the hazey?" and I tell my friends whenever they need a hug and I'm not around to eat ice cream; ice cream is like a cold hug.
Just remember to have friends is to be a friend. 
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment