Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday: Making Friends, Getting a Guy, Guy Roller-Coaster

It's an emotional Friday for me. I got a reminder that the death anniversary of a guy I knew in high school is coming up this Halloween. I know it's not for awhile but it's just really sad because he could have been an amazing pro-athlete. Just as a heads up and mostly a reminder for me sometime next month there will be a song dedicated to him in the Song of The Week tab of my blog. I hope you check back to listen to it; until then I will try to be posting only happy songs like the current one for this week.

Anonymous Asked:
How am I suppose to make friends at a Community College?
I recently started at a Community College and am having trouble finding myself happy here. A majority of my other friends are off at universities starting their lives and having a great time. I want this year to still be fun for me, even though I am stuck living at home. What is some tips to make new friends and get my social life going even at a Community College?

Dear Anonymous
I thought I'd have a hard time too when I first went to community college but it turned out that the old friends I made during my freshman year of high school went to community college as well and I made friends through them in a way. So if you know if any of your old friends are going there was well look them up.
Also surprisingly some community colleges have events; check online to see if there are any at your community college. My community college has a welcome new students a week before college starts, a Halloween dance and just other random events.
In community college, some teachers make study groups or have like an introduction on the first day of class. I remember in my English class last year we were to say our names and what we liked to do and I said baking and all the guys turned towards and a couple said "bake me something!"
Also you can either go to your school's cafeteria before or after classes and don't be afraid to just sit down at a table with someone and eat with them, a lot of people have sat down and eaten with me and you just have to be really friendly.
Making friends in community college isn't that scary, its just like making friends in high school.

Mollsyc Asked:
How can I get a guy?
I'm a few pounds overweight but not like obese or anything and I'm worried that I'll never be able to get a guy. I feel like guys only like what's on the outside. I'm not trying to brag or anything but I'm not ugly I just have a few extra pounds. I would love to know how to get a guy to notice what's on the inside and not the outside. Thanks so much!

Dear Mollsyc
As long as you don't let your weight bring you down, you'll have nothing to worry about. I have a friend who is overweight and she's had more boyfriends than I have. Finding a guy to like you for who you are is a little bit harder at your age though.
But if you show people you are confident, fun to be around, and just an easy going person then finding that guy to notice your shining personality won't be as hard as you might think.
A lot of people say just be yourself for a reason and its because that is what attracts guys, being yourself, standing your ground, or knowing your beliefs, and seeing that you are confident in the person you are.

Anonymous Asked
Does He Really Love Me?
I'm 18 years old and my boyfriend and I have been on and off for years. We will break up for a month and be together for a month but within those months he always has a new girlfriend and it really upsets me every time. A few times we were together I caught him texting girls that he recently hooked up with trying to get back together with them. We're back together now and i cant even tell my friends and family because I know what there going to say but i also know that were probably just going to break up again. I'm really in love with him, just not his choices. Every time I meet someone new I'm always comparing them to my ex. I just don't know what to do. I just want peace in my life for once. But i just cant get my mind off this. Should I just break it off for good or keep trying it until it works out. Please Help me! 

Dear Anonymous
I can't say he loves you, truly loves you or not but I can say that you are going through this roller-coaster of ups and downs with this guy and it just doesn't seem fair for you to continue to be with someone who keeps putting you through this. I think you should break it off for good because you may love this guy but you have to think about yourself first and if he loved you he wouldn't put you through the pain he's caused you over the years.
They say that the guy who is worth your tears will never make you cry; you deserve to find that guy.

Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment