Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No Kiss. No Boyfriend.

What to do when most of your friends have had their first kiss or first boyfriend and you haven't? Don't discourage because it will happen and it will be memorable. We all get our firsts at different ages and that is what is normal; not the age we get it but that we get it. We're all different and that's what makes it okay to not be normal. What is normal? Who says that you have to have your first kiss when all your friends do? Who says you have to be in a relationship when all your friends are? Or who said we have to date in high school or middle school? Being normal is so overrated.

Don't worry if you haven't gotten your first kiss because it will happen. And try not to have your first kiss to get it over with; you want to be able to remember it and remember who it was with. My first kiss wasn't that great because I wasn't expecting it. It was with my first boyfriend, Josh, and he was saying goodbye to me after school and then next thing I knew he went to kiss me and I turned away or I tried to but he kissed part of my lips. Kiss Fail! But a couple weeks later we tried again and I personally say that was my first real kiss when we were sitting in front of my couch talking and we looked in each others eyes and kissed.
My best friend, Joy, had her first kiss on a dare and yes we do count it has her first kiss even though we were seven. It was with this mean boy named Bobby who always followed us around when we were little. They kissed in the laundry room.
We all get our first kiss at different ages and they are and will be memorable so don't worry if you haven't had it yet because it will happen. 
When it comes to boyfriends, don't feel like you need one because you don't. Like I said in another blog post, being in a relationship is just having someone to share your happiness with. You don't need someone to make you happy because you create your own happiness. I know a lot of girls and guys who didn't date until they were 18 years old and there's nothing wrong with that. My best friend, Jessica, Joy's older sister, didn't have a serious boyfriend until she got into college. She and her boyfriend graduated this year from college; they are happy and in love. But they are doing their own thing, she's working at an office and him and his friends just invented some kind of sleep shirt to help you sleep at night. Check out the information about it here
Jessica, Me and Joy
Boyfriends and relationships are great and I understand that it is nice to have someone to be with and enjoy the little things in life with but don't forget your happiness starts with you. Love yourself, be happy with yourself and be independent. You'll get a boyfriend and he will be memorable. And if you want a boyfriend don't be afraid to put yourself out there but remember you don't need one.
If you ever feel like you are a third wheel then let your friends know that you guys need to make time for just the girls and get back to each other without the boys.
Don't forget good things happen to those who wait.  
Be Beautiful For You!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you answered my question on Seventeen about not having my first kiss yet, and that I didn't know what to do about it, like how to kiss...anyway I wanted to say thanks for commenting on it :) Also I just read this post of yours & its sooo true. All of my friends have already had their first kiss & i'm the last to do it. I've been thinking about it lately & I'm really stressing that I'm not pretty enough for someone to kiss me you know? No one likes me, so I feel ugly...if you know what I mean? Anyway, I just had to tell someone that & it's easier to type it to some stranger than to tell someone in person. So if you did read this somewhat longish post, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzie, I highly recommend reading my blog post "Why Be Beautiful For You" if you haven't already.

      Delete