Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday: Ex's Mistake, Friends with the Ex, Ex Still Loves You

Happy Friday! Let's talk exes.
Anonymous Asked
How can I stop making my current boyfriend suffer for what my ex did to me in the past?
An ex boyfriend cheated on me through our whole 7 month relationship. Now I have major trust issues. All I seem to do now is make my current boyfriend suffer for what my ex did. I just can't seem to trust anymore. I am scared that my boyfriend will get tired of me and just give up on us. HELP!

Dear Anonymous
Don't let your boyfriend pay for your ex's mistake; that isn't fair to him.
I understand why you would though but you really need to start working on those trust issues. You're fearful of something that may or may not happen and what you need is reassurance that it won't happen.
Treat your boyfriend like a new guy because that is what he is in a way. Yes keep your guard up but don't feel like you shouldn't trust him until he's has given you a reason not to trust him.

SickofSara Asked
Help with my ex bf? I still want to be friends.
This guy was my first real bf and we dated for over a year before he was put on medication for depression and bipolar disorder that made him start acting really weird and we broke up. That was over three years ago and he's off the meds now. We hung out last weekend and seeing his family again and chilling with him was great. I love his family and his mom and sister and I are even going shopping next week. I already told him I just want to be friends now but I can tell he still has feelings for me. When he hugs me he still squeezes a little too tight and he lingered a little too long when he kissed my cheek. Even his brother told me he's in love with me. I feel bad that I don't want to be with him anymore but I love being around him as a friend and I don't want to lose that. He knows how I feel so idk if I should continue to be friends with him or what.

Dear SickofSara
The thing is you both will always have a place in each others' hearts. You may want to be just friends at the moment but I don't think he's truly ready for being just friends. You have to give him time to adjust. You can be friends but maybe not as close as before.

Anonymous Asked:
My ex still loves me!
My ex-boyfriend is still in love with me! He and I are now really close/good friends, but I don't know what to do or say to him if I were to like some other guy. I'm too afraid of hurting his feelings and seeing him cry again over something I've said that had slipped out by accident. Please help me, thank you.

Dear Anonymous
"Love is choosing the greater good for the other person at the risk of losing them."
If he truly loves you, he'll want to see you happy even if its not with him. It may hurt him emotionally but your happiness would be greater than his if he still loves you. If not then he's being selfish about it.

Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment