Tuesday, November 8, 2011

You Were My Friend

Have you ever lost touch with a friend? I have, I've lost touch with a lot of my friends after graduating from high school. It's sad but we all go in different directions. Some of my friends went to different colleges and some of my friends moved to different states. It's all part of growing up. But you know true friends can grow separately without growing apart. Or that's what I've been told and from my own experience it is true.
My best friend, Janna, moved away to Utah over a year ago, mostly because of her family. If it was up to her, she'd still live here in Washington. She has a new life in Utah and is still adjusting to everything there but we're still as close as ever. We talk every week even if it's just a quick "I miss you" or whatever. No she's still my friend and hopefully she will never become a "she was my friend" and in all honesty, I'd hate for that to happen and I'm 110% sure that she feels the same way about me.
David Choi wrote/sang a song called "You were My Friend" hence the title of my blog. Whenever I hear that song, I think of one person and that would be my friend Paul. I'll write more about Paul in a later post but the first time I heard David's song I automatically thought of Paul. Paul is probably one of my favorite people and I don't want to give too much away about so I'll stop here.
Anyway, we all have some friends that we just lose touch with and that's okay as long as we remember the impact they made on our lives or the impact we made on theirs. People come in and out of our lives for a reason or that's what I like to believe.
If there's a person you are thinking about when you read this, don't be afraid to send them a message and say hi or ask how they're doing. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.
Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment