Monday, January 9, 2012

Cake in A Mug!

I love cake but I hate making a big cake when I just want a slice so I started looking for cake in a mug recipes and I found two that I love and I want to share with you. The first one is a simple yellow cake that I've had three times already since I found it last week.

Yellow Cake in A Mug
~6TBSP Flour
~4TBSP Sugar
~1/8tsp Baking Powder
~3TBSP Water
~3TBSP Vegetable Oil or Cooking Oil
~2TBSP of whisked egg
~Splash of Vanilla or an extract of your choice. I prefer orange
Directions:
Combine dry ingredients in your favorite mug. Add in water and cooking oil. In a separate bowl crack the egg and stir it up in the bowl. Take a couple tablespoons of egg and add it in your mug. Stir the ingredients completely. Cook in the microwave for three(3) minutes on high.
Let it cool for a minute and it should come out of the mug smoothly. Enjoy!

For you chocolate lovers like myself the recipe for Chocolate Cake in a Mug is quite similar.

Chocolate Cake in A Mug
~4TBSP Flour
~4TBSP Sugar
~2TBSP unsweetened cocoa
~2TBSP whisked egg
~3TBSP milk
~3TBSP oil
~3TBSP chocolate chips
~Splash of vanilla or other flavoring

Combine all ingredients just how you would if you were making the yellow cake and put in the microwave for the same time and high power.

If you're wondering why the ingredients ask for two tablespoons of egg, it's because one egg is too much; one egg white is too eggy and one yolk is too dense but combine the yolk and the egg white and have two tablespoons of that then it is just right.
Let me know if you're going to try it or if you have another cake in a mug recipe.
Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment