Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Guys: Travis

My neighbor Travis is all smiles 85% of the time. He may have to sit in his wheelchair all his life but he doesn't let that get him down. Actually Travis can walk a little but he's mostly in his wheelchair. I love Travis, he's so easy to talk to. I can talk about any guy and Travis will help me figure them out because, well, he's a guy and he knows the different types of guys.
Even though Travis is in a wheelchair, I tend to sometimes forget that he is because he doesn't use it as a tool to be lazy. Travis played wheelchair basketball, he goes to concerts and clubs with his friends. He's just like any guy in college. He wants to have fun, date girls and take advantage of his new found freedom. Just recently he moved out of the dorms and into a house with some other people.
I admire him so much because he tries to live his life as normal as possible. He's one of my closest friends and I love when he's home for school breaks and holidays. I can sit and talk to him outside for hours despite how cold it can get.
Travis actually introduced me to my first boyfriend. Although that relationship caused a lot of drama in my life, I don't regret it even though I joke with Travis saying I blame him for that relationship. Travis is just another guy who makes my life beautiful and I'm lucky to have him in my life.
Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment