Monday, January 16, 2012

Part of My Life: Unexpected Crush

When I was in the fourth grade, I had the biggest crush on this guy named Jesse. He was older, in the fifth grade, and he had this killer smile. He was the leader of his group of friends and he was an athlete. He was drop dead gorgeous. Jesse and I met in the worse way actually. My group of friends and I always hung out at this specific part of the playground. Jesse and his friends tried to hang out there but none of my friends wanted to hang out there with them being there. So I stood up to Jesse, I told him that him and his friends can go back to playing kickball or baseball on the field and to leave us girls alone. So he did but I ended up watching him and his friends play kickball. After that day, I had the hugest crush on him.

After he graduated from sixth grade, I didn't see him ever again after that but I still thought of him. One day, during my junior year, I was at a high school football game against the rival school only to hear his name being announced over the speakers. He was the quarterback for his high school team. My heart started beating fast and I had a hard time breathing just hearing his name. It really didn't help that it was cold and I had to play in the pep band. Anyway, a year went by and I thought about him again. So I looked him up on Facebook and I asked him if he remembered me. Surprisingly he did and I confessed to him that I had a huge crush on him when we were younger. He told me he had a crush on me too. I was so surprised because during that time I had braces and glasses, I always wore my hair in a half ponytail. I was not the prettiest girl but he still had a crush on me. Little did I know, his best friend also had a crush on me too.

That just goes to show that it doesn't matter if you are the prettiest girl or not, looks don't matter as much as you think they would.
Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment