Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday: Unhappy Relationship, Fighting, Eating Dangerously

Happy Friday the 13th! I hope you had a lucky day instead of a bad day. Now let's get down to the advice!

HoneyBabyMine Asked:
Can I get some opinions?
I am 18 and currently dating a guy that I have for over 2 years. We broke up twice in that time, and we don't count the weeks apart. Once was because I was not completely happy, everything became a routine. I was no longer happy with the relationship, so I ended it. Months later we got back together and dated for a while until a silly fight ended it. Then, got back together weeks later. Now, we are both at college, not very far away from each other, we see each other occasionally. But again, I have entered that stage where I am not happy. He keeps wanted to see me and I give excuses as to why I am busy. I just don't feel that happy anymore. Now he is going through an extremely tough family situation and I feel awful. I just don't know whether to end it for my own sake because it could end up really hurting him. He has done absolutely nothing wrong, he is amazing. I am just not excited, I guess. It just feels so wrong because he has done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve anything like this. Any ideas or words of wisdom? 

Dear HoneyBabyMine
If you're not happy or not feeling the relationship anymore then you have to let him know. As hard as it will be, for the both of you, it isn't fair for you or him to stay in a relationship when one person isn't happy. You won't just be ending it for your sake but for his as well. He may get hurt and you will too but that is part of life. That's probably not what you want to hear but you're only hurting him more by having him think that you are happy when you're not.
 
RachelCreedLuvsU Asked:
More love than fighting?
My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year now and we've very much in love. We have great chemistry but we fight constantly. We're both huge flirts and always end up flirting with other people. I don't mind but he's a total control freak and hypocrite. We have big trust issues and end up breaking almost every week. Yet, every time we go back to each other because we just don't know how to be without the other cause we're like best friends. I want to leave but as I said, I keep going back. 

Dear RachelCreedLuvsU
You have to be strong enough to leave and not worry about being alone and take time to be with just yourself. There's this song by Chester See called Love is Now, I think it sends a good message on love and letting go or at least trying to let go.
I know this probably wasn't helpful but I'm trying to figure out the right words to say because I do have a friend who always goes back to the same girl even though they fight a lot and he's just miserable but he's not ready to be with someone else but he doesn't want to be alone either. So I have an idea of what you may be going through.

Anonymous Asked:
Is it dangerous for me to be eating 900 calories a day?
I've been only eating about 900 calories or less for the past week and burning about 700 at the gym. Is it bad for my body that I'm eating this little? I'm not starving myself, I'm just eating really healthy, low calorie foods like fruits and vegetables a lot. So far the diets been going great I lost 7 pounds in 1 week but I don't want to damage my body by not giving it the nutrient it needs.

Dear Anonymous
Yes it is dangerous for you to be eating this little. I mean yes you maybe eating healthy but your body needs a certain amount of calories, at least 1200, to maintain properly. I took anatomy and I took an aerobic walking class at the same time last quarter in college. And it was stressed in both classes that your body needs to have a balance of energy, calories, throughout the day. I'm really bad at explaining it but I learned that it's basic science. You have to balance between the calories you burn through the day and the calories you put in. The more you exercise the more calories you need to function with. So in short answer, yes it is bad for your body that you are eating this little. You are actually starving yourself even though you are eating. Because if you're eating 900 calories and burning 700 then you're only giving yourself 200 when your body knows that it needs at least 1200 to not starve itself.

Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment