Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday: 10 Year Age Gap; Bad Boy; Unable to Open Up

Today I write my 200th blog post! I'm really excited. I've been blogging for a little over a year now and I think I spend more time thinking about what to blog about than I do thinking about writing for my final essay, which I am working on as well. This is what I get to spend my Friday night doing, blogging and essay writing. Good thing it's only a rough draft or I would be in a big big trouble. I have the final essay due a week from today. Anyway, before I keep ranting and procrastinating I shall go on with my advice.

ILoveBlackSkies Asked:
I want your opinion.
I told my friend about this guy I like and I found out he's 26. She thinks I'm a little crazy, what do you think about a senior (I'm 16) dating a 26 year old?

Dear ILoveBlackSkies,
In my opinion, it's probably not a good idea with the 10 year age gap. You're both at different times in your lives. You'll be getting out of high school and he's out in the real world. It'll probably be hard to date each other. I honestly don't think it's a good idea. I think teens should date people closer to their age.
Now I know you can't help who you like so if you like him, I have no reason to be against it because who am I to tell you who to like or not like? This was all just my opinion.


 CherryInBloom Asked:
So there's this guy and basically he's going for the wrong type of girls. Like right now he's "with" a girl it's nothing official but he's he just is there so they can do stuff. Friends with benefits. I guess he sorta does bad stuff as well like drugs but I don't know, I've always been attracted to him. And yeah we are pretty close and I think I'd be a really good girlfriend to him. But like how would I make that "move"?

Dear CherryInBloom,
Can I ask you something first? I don't mean to be rude but you said you'd be a really good girlfriend to him, but would he be a really good boyfriend to you? I know bad boys have a certain appeal, I've dated my share of bad boys so I do get where you're coming from but as my own fair warning, sometimes you have think about what will dating him emotionally for you will be like. Trust me it's not a picnic.
But if you are really set on getting this guy to like you and to hopefully date you then the best way is to show that you're interested, but show him that you can be an adventure for him. Guys like adventure, so do something bold.

Abigailmlb Asked:
He won't open up to me about his childhood. 
Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 7 months now, I've told him almost everything about me - I've even cried in his arms late at night when times got really tough for me at home. But I can't get him to open up to me. The other night we started talking about him, and he got angry when I tried to talk to him about his childhood and alcoholic mother. I understand that he needs his privacy being the strong silent type, that keeps a lot of his emotions to himself, but it breaks my heart to know he doesn't want to open up to me. We've talked about so much together, he even says he wants to marry me, so I don't understand why he can't trust me with this. What should I do?

Dear Abigailmlb,
It's probably something he's not ready to completely open up to you with just yet. When guys have a rough past, they tend to want to try to forget it as much as they can. Be patient, he'll tell you when he's ready. Don't force it out of him but let him know that when he's ready to talk to you and tell you what happened that you'll be there and you'll be happy to listen. Just remember to be patient. He probably doesn't want to open up to you but he just isn't as ready as you want him to be to open up to you. It's not that he doesn't trust with it, it's just that he's not ready to bring up his childhood. It's probably something he just wants to forget too. 

Be Beautiful For You

No comments:

Post a Comment