Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday: Breakout Problems; College Studying; Scared of High School

It's Friday and the end of August which means summer is ending and autumn is near or in my case it's just a few days away. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good weekend. I will be hiatus until November. September is the start of something new for me and it'll take awhile for to adjust so here's the last of my advice for awhile.

InsecurityStinks Asked:
How do I change my appearance before school starts next week?
My mom doesn't like me wearing makeup she thinks I'm too young but I started to break out since January. I have dark spots, my face is always oily and my skin is uneven I want to look different so I can feel better about myself :(

Dear InsecurityStinks,
Well your skin is a reflection of your inside, so you want to make sure that what you're putting into your body is healthy so cut down on any sugar, salty, or fatty foods that you may be eating and also drink plenty of water.
Come up with a facial routine. I don't wear a lot of makeup because I do my best to keep my face clean. So make sure you wash your face in the morning and at night as well as moisturizing your face as well. To help with dark spots naturally use lemon juice on the spots every morning and night until it fades away.


ColorLikeWinter Asked:
Any college study tips?
I'm going to college in two weeks as a freshman and would like to know what to expect in terms of academics. Any study tips and tricks would be appreciated. Also, if you could let me know where the best places to study on campus are, that would be amazing. Thank you! :)

Dear ColorLikeWinter,
If you have iphone or android phone, I highly recommend downloading evernote if you haven't already. It can help with note taking, record things, and other helpful stuff. It's helped me in college, you can also sign up online for it as well.
I recommend creating a study group, and meet probably once or twice a week, more when you have a test or quiz coming up.
The best places to study are the ones you feel comfortable in. Some people like the library because of the quiet level, but I actually preferred the student center at my school but I like noise. Some people, on nicer days, study outside and put their headphones on to listen to music and study.
If you're struggling, don't be afraid to ask for help and also check if there are any tutor centers at your school that you can go to to get any extra help.

Photogenic97 Asked:
Should I be scared?
I'm starting my first year of high school and I'm super scared.

Dear Photogenic97,
It can be a little scary, you're starting a new chapter in your life, you're meeting new people, you'll experience new things so it's okay to be scared. But you should relax a little, a lot of kids going into high school and scared and nervous as well. It's only natural. But you don't really need to be scared. Once you get use to the classes, the teachers and other students, you'll realize you had no reason to be scared at all. :) Good Luck!

Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment