Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday: Stupid Smart; Puking to Lose Weight; Stoner Boyfriend

Happy Friday! Only I would be sick when the weather in Seattle is going to be it's highest it's been all summer. This sucks because I was looking forward to going to the King County fair, which I've been missing for a few summers now. It really makes me cry. But I will stop my complaining and listen to others and give my two cents for their problems.

Mercern21 Asked:
I hate the fact that I'm smart.
I was pretty much born to be smart, both my mother and father have been straight A student through High School and college and I mean high 90s straight A student. I got straight High 90s till 6th grade then I realized all the girls getting the hot boyfriends, were stupid. So I stopped being smart, its really hard to! I have to make sure I don't pay attention, make sure I don't do homework, and then I blow tests. I hate being smart! I only want to be smart in science but ALL subjects are interesting to me. When I get a good grade I use this excuse, "Must've been rigged, I don't like that class anyway I only like science" and everyone believes it. But I'm going to be a freshman and I want a science based carrier so I need all my grades to be High 90s to get into a good college. I can't do this stupid act anymore...Its just hard to drop though! Also I am freaked that guys won't like me anymore because I am smarter than them. All the really smart girls in my grade NO MATTER HOW PRETTY they are single. Help!!

Dear Mercern21,
Don't hate the fact that you are smart. You see a lot of guys go for stupid girls but you don't see a lot of smart girls go for stupid guys. A lot of guys, the good guys, like smart girls. They like girls who can a hold an intelligent conversation. Don't stop being smart because guys are stupid. Be smart, if you're smart you'll know when a good guy comes along. You shouldn't have to dumb yourself down just so guys can like you. If you don't like yourself then what's the point of being with someone who doesn't even know the real you. 
 
Anonymous Asked:
Puking to lose weight? I'm desperate. 
I want to do it but i'm really scared. I just can never lose weight no matter how much I try.

Dear Anonymous,
Whatever you try, you shouldn't puke in order to lose weight. It's unhealthy, it's not good for your body. I understand you're desperate but don't harm your body to lose weight. Aim for a healthy body instead of losing weight. A healthy weight, a healthy body should be your long term goal.

FearlessSwimmer15 Asked:
My boyfriend drinks a lot and does some really heavy drugs and I worry about him a lot. I know people who've died from overdose or drunk-driving accidents and I'm always scared I'm going to get one of those calls. I really care about him and I'll be devastated if something happens to him! I'm a Christian and that's important to me, but religion isn't something he focuses on. He's on a dangerous path, but I stick by him. He doesn't try and make me do those things and he says he never will. Sure, he asked if I did them and when I said it wasn't my thing, he never brought it back up. How can I get him help?! He hardly ever goes to school too, he and his friends skip and get drunk/stoned. That's their favorite thing to do, he really is addicted to it. How do I get him help? It's not a secret that he does these things, he lives with his mom and she knows, both his parents do, I think. They don't really care. He's been through a lot (I won't go in to detail though, I know it's anonymous, but still) and I feel like that may be part of the reason he does those things, but he also just enjoys it. How do I help him? I'm so scared he's going to OD or kill himself or someone else in a car when he's been drinking. He drives drunk, even though I'm against it. I don't get in the car, but he's offered to pick me up before, but I said no because I knew he'd been drinking. I'm so scared....HELP?!

Dear FearlessSwimmer15,
The thing is the only way he's going to get help is if he realizes he needs it. When I was 16 my first boyfriend was a stoner, did drugs, skipped school, and I was always worried so I do know where you're coming from. I understand you care and want to help him but you don't have to be with him in order to help him. Now I'm just saying this from my own experience because sometimes you have to think about yourself and how his life is hurting yours.
If you're scared for his life then you have to let an adult you trust to help him and to help you because you can't do this alone and he can't do this alone either.

Be Beautiful For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment